Newtown Township is governed by a five member elected Board of Supervisors. As described in the Second Class Township Code, the Board of Supervisors is charged with the general governance of the Township and the execution of legislative, executive, and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the Township.
The following discusses the position of Supervisor per the Second Class Township Code of Pennsylvania:
- Charged with the general governance of the township and the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the township.
- Have the responsibility for maintenance of township-owned equipment and facilities.
- Employ persons as may be necessary for the general conduct of the business of the township and provide for the compensation, organization and supervision of the persons so employed. Records shall be kept and reports made and filed giving the names of all persons employed, dates on which work was done and the number of hours worked with compensation paid to each person and the capacity in which employed.
- Authorize attendance at conferences, institutes, schools and conventions.
- Annually, on or before the first day of February, furnish to the board of auditors information on the construction or maintenance of roads or other matters that may be required by any department of the Commonwealth to be included in the annual township report.
- Provide for the annual tax duplicate to be prepared and presented to the tax collector.
- Perform duties and exercise powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of any agency of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
7:00 pm on the Second and Fourth Monday of the month
Township Building , 209 Bishop Hollow Road, Newtown Square, PA 19073
|John Nawn, P.E.||Chair||School Lane|
|Edward Partridge||Vice-Chair||Gartley Drive|
|Christina Roberts-Lightcap||Asst. Secretary||Hansell Road|
|Mike Russo||Supervisor||Crum Creek Ln|
|Linda Gabell||Supervisor||Hunters Run|