Sewer Connection Financing
PENNVEST Homeowner Septic Program
The Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) has teamed with the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to offer this special funding program. Assistance is available to eligible homeowners who need to
- Repair or replace their existing lateral to a public sewer system
- Connect an existing home to the public sewer system for the first time.
- Fixed interest rate for life of loan, currently as low as 1.75 percent
- Up to 20 years to repay the loan balance (up to 15 years for manufactured homes)
- Maximum loan amount is $25,000
- Affordable payments: A $15,000 loan at 1.75 percent (2.55 percent APR) for 20 years, would have a monthly payment of only $75. At the maximum loan amount of $25,000 at 1.75 percent (2.22 percent APR) for 20 years, the monthly payment is $124.**
- No household income limits in 2019.
**Subject to credit approval and eligibility restrictions including loan use and owner occupancy. Interest rate quoted as of 1/1/2019. The APR is fixed for the term of the loan. Borrower pays origination and closing charges. Sample payments based on $15,000 and $25,000 loan examples have twenty year term and 240 payments. Total finance charge for a $15,000 loans is $3,869 and for a $25,000 loan is $5,727.
For more information
Contact your local Sewage Enforcement Officer, township or borough official, or PHFA at 1-855-827-3466 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also read more about the program at PHFA’s website www.phfa.org, under the “Homeowners” “Start Here” resources. The link will take you to our Participant Lenders that do the origination and loan closing.