- Appointed Boards & Commissions
- Library Board
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Newtown Township Municipal Building
201 Bishop Hollow Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073
|Thomas O’Donnell||President||Aronimink Dr|
|Erica Swenson Danowitz||Vice-President||Rockwood Farm Rd|
|Sandra Macan||Secretary||Bryn Mawr Ave|
|Ariande Cappuccio||Treasurer||Wooded Way|
|Katherine Erickson||Trustee||Glendale Road|
|Sondra Dubin Gutkind||Trustee||Cornerstone Drive|
A Library Board is appointed by the Newtown Township Board of Supervisors as provided for in the Library Code of the State of Pennsylvania.
Library Strategic Plan
The Library Trustees have adopted a Library Strategic Plan for 2022-2024. You can see the entire plan on the Library website by clicking here.
About the Library
Newtown Township is proud of its excellent public library. Its roots are traced from humble beginnings in a small house on West Chester Pike in 1974. In 2001 as a result of a combination of private contributions and a township general obligation bond issue for over 3 million dollars, the Newtown Township building was expanded to provide an 8,400 square foot modern facility on Bishop Hollow Road.
The mission of the Newtown Public Library is to encourage the joy of reading, the exploration of ideas, and the pursuit of lifelong learning for all.
The library is a member of Delaware County Libraries (DCL) which is comprised of 26 member libraries located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. The library card you receive at Newtown Public Library is accepted at all DCL locations.
What can you do with your library card at Newtown Public Library?
- Check out, download and stream materials including books, hotspots and museum passes
- Request books from across the county, state or nation
- Get requested books via contactless pick-up
- Access the internet with your own device via our free and fast WiFi or log on to one of our public computers
- Print, copy and scan documents
- Access premium research databases
- Attend Story Time and other fun programs
- Join a book club
- Learn more about 3D printing
- Read or study outdoors on the library’s patio or at quiet study carrels inside
- Volunteer with the Friends of Newtown Public Library
- Connect with others in the Newtown Township community.