Leaf Collections take place in the Fall of each year. Residents should think about whether they intend to compost their own leaves (or at least a portion of them), mulch some of their leaves into their lawns, or rake their leaves for the Township to collect.
The areas to be collected by the Township will again be based on the RECYCLING SCHEDULE MAP (zone #1 and zone #2). Please rake your leaves into even piles at the edge of your property. They should be INSIDE of the sidewalk. If you have no sidewalk, they must be INSIDE the curb. Do not allow leaves to spill into the street – they can clog gutters and storm drains, and piles in the street can be unsafe. If you have a landscaper doing this, be sure they understand these instructions, as the property owner will be responsible if leaves are found blocking portions of the street.
Leaf collection will be picked up according to Recycling Zone per the schedule listed on the map below, weather permitting. All leaves must be to the curb by Monday morning of your scheduled weeks for pickup. After the scheduled collection times have passed, you will be responsible to dispose of your leaves.
Any changes or updates to the schedule will be posted on the township website.
2018 Leaf Collection Dates and Map (interactive)
- No leaf collections will take place on November 12th, 22nd or 23rd.
- Leaf collections do not take place on streets which have not yet been dedicated to the Township, as these streets remain the responsibility of the developer or private owners.
- Remember that burning leaves, and any form of “open burning” is strictly prohibited in Newtown Township.
- Leaves mixed with grass trimmings, sticks, branches, rocks and wood will NOT be collected.
- If you have a landscaping contractor assisting you with leaf raking, ensure that they understand these instructions and they have prepared the leaves by your scheduled time.
- Landscapers who dump leaves from another location will face the possibility of fines. There is no dumping permitted in Newtown Township.