Newtown Township Recycling Information
Residential single-stream recycling collections occur from each home twice every month. Here you can see materials that can be recycled, a map with schedule, household hazardous waste collection information and other important recycling information.
Collections begin at 7:00 a.m. on your recycling day, so be sure to have your materials out before that. In the event of a missed pick-up, please call customer service at J.P. Mascaro & Sons at 800-432-1616. Be sure to identify that you are from Newtown Township in Delaware County. For all other recycling questions you may call or email Newtown Township directly. Thank you for your efforts to recycle.
Residential Recycling Information
- Residential Recycling (PDF)
- Residential Recycling Map and Schedule
- Residential Recycling Tri-Fold Brochure (PDF)
Business, Commercial and Institutional Recycling Information
Businesses and Schools keep familiar with the State of Pennsylvania PA Act 101 and the Newtown Township General Code Chapter 141, Article IV which discusses recycling in our Township, specifically how all commercial and institutional entities are required to separate from the waste stream all paper, cardboard, aluminum and leaf waste. Failure to abide by these requirements is subject to a fine of up to $1,000.00. Other materials such as plastics and glass are strongly encouraged to be recycled as well, and the State of Pennsylvania has additional requirements regarding electronics, hazardous waste, etc. Commercial and institutional entities report annually to the Township the verification of their recycling programs and the results of those efforts. These businesses and schools set a good example for our community of Newtown and are to be commended for their recycling efforts.
- The Covered Device Recycling Act 108 of 2010 (CDRA)
- The Covered Device Recycling Act of 2010 (CDRA) - A General Overview
- Electronic Recycling Event - Anything with a Plug (PDF) May 18, 2019
- Items you can recycle at this event (PDF)
Newtown Township thanks everyone who participated in 2018’s electronic recycling event on May 19, 2018. The event, held in partnership with Marple and Haverford Townships, took place at Delaware County Community College. Over 100,000 pounds of electronic waste was collected to be properly recycled.
Newtown Township encourages residents to investigate the stores who sell electronics that also take electronic items to be recycled throughout the year. We are aware that TV’s are currently not accepted by these stores due to the extreme cost of recycling their components. We are actively looking for a resource for our residents to recycle TV’s and will post that information here when an option other than our annual electronics recycling event is found.
There are other electronic recycling events at nearby locations held throughout the year - when we learn of these we will post that information.
- PECO Appliance Recycling
- Electronics and Appliance Recycling at Best Buy
- Electronics Recycling at Home Depot
- Electronics Recycling at Staples
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information
Delaware County Recycling Information
- Delaware County Recycling Information
- Delaware County Tri-Fold Recycling Brochure (PDF)
- Plastic Bag Recycling (PDF)
- Latex Paint Disposal (PDF)
- Home Health Care Waste Disposal Tips (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste Collections - 2019 Dates (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste Information
- Automotive Products Recycling Sites in Delaware County (PDF)
- Recycling Drop Off Locations (PDF)
- Note: this is a listing compiled and provided as a service by the Delaware County Solid Waste Authority - Recycling Division.