Roads & Road Issues

The Public Works Department is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Newtown Township’s 51.39 miles of roads.  Also running through the Township are 15.78 miles of state roads that are maintained by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), as well as several miles of private streets.  Click one of the tabs below to learn more about these different facets of our road infrastructure.

  1. Township Roads
  2. State Roads (SR)
  3. Private Streets

Township Roads

The Public Works Department maintains all roads that have officially been dedicated to Newtown Township. The Township repairs or resurfaces these roads as needed, plows and salts them during winter weather events and performs other maintenance necessary to provide for transportation needs within the community.  Below you will find various information relating to our road system.

Township Map

Newtown Township Roadway Evaluations (PDF)

Newtown Township Roads Map - PennDOT Listing (PDF)

Report a Concern

To report a pothole or other concern on any TOWNSHIP road please contact Newtown Township’s Public Works Department  We will address all concerns on Township roads as soon as possible.  For your convenience, use this link to submit your concern through Citizen Request Tracker.

To report a pothole or other concern on any STATE road (West Chester Pike / Rt. 3, Newtown Street Road / Rt. 252, Bishop Hollow Road, Bryn Mawr Avenue, Goshen Road, Media Line Road, St. Davids Road, Newtown Road, Church Road and portions of Gradyville Road) please contact PennDOT at 1-800-FIX-ROAD or by submitting your concern electronically via the PennDOT District 6 Customer Care Center.