Newtown Township Police Department, Delaware County is accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER. Candidate qualifications are as follows: Must be at least 21 years of age, a United States citizen, and a high school graduate or possess a GED certification, a valid PA driver’s license, and be physically and mentally fit to perform all duties and job functions of a police officer. Candidate must also possess a diploma from a certified Act 120 school. One to two year work history as a police officer preferred. Applications are available on the Township website at: www.newtowntownship.org Please remit your application with a resume to: Chief Christopher Lunn, Newtown Police Department, 209 Bishop Hollow Road, Newtown Square, PA 19073. The Township of Newtown is an equal opportunity employer. Application must be submitted by 4:00pm Wednesday, February, 28, 2018.
Current Bids and Requests For Proposals in Newtown Township:
Newtown Township Flat Plan Files, Solid Surfaces and Installation
The Board of Supervisors awarded the Newtown Township Flat Plan Files, Solid Surfaces and Installation project to W.B. Mason for a bid amount of $16,821.37.
- FF1 – Notice to Bidders
- FF2 – Proposal and Contract Instructions Scope of Work and Other Conditions
- FF3 – Newtown Township Bid Spec Document
- FF4 – Competency of Bidders
- FF5 – Noncollusion Affidavit
- FF6 – Subcontractor Suppliers and Intended Equipment
- FF7 – 2017-Flat File Solid Surface Contract
- FF8 – Bid Submission Sheet
2017 Audio Visual Project Bid
The Board of Supervisors awarded the Newtown Township 2017 Audio Visual Project Equipment and Services to AVT (Applied Video Technologies).
- Notice to Bidders
- Proposal and Contract Instructions, Scope of Work and Other Conditions
- Newtown Township Bid Spec Documents (revised)
- Competency of Bidders
- Non-collusion Affidavit
- Subcontractor Supplies & Intended Equipment
- 2017-18 AV contract
- Bid Submission Sheet
- RFP Addendum #1
- RFP Addendum #2
- RFP Addendum #3
- August 11, 2017 Bid Opening Results
2017 De-Icing Salt Contract Bid
The Board of Supervisors awarded the 2017 De-Icing Salt Contract to Eastern Salt Company, Inc.
- Notice to Bidders
- De-Icing Salt Contract Bid Packet
- August 4, 2017 Bid Opening Results
Request for Proposals for the Master Site Plan for the Newtown Meadow Preserve
The Board of Supervisors awarded the Newtown Meadow Preserve Master Site Plan to Simone Collins Landscape Architecture of 119 E. Lafayette Street, Norristown, PA 19401.
- RFP for Newtown Meadow Preserve
- Answers Newtown Meadow Preserve Questions
- Pre-Bid Meeting Sign In and Inquiries
- Newtown Meadow Preserve Addendum No. 1
- Map of Newtown Meadow Preserve
- Newtown Meadow Preserve Floodplains & Wetlands
- Newtown Meadow Preserve Hydric Soils
- Newtown Meadow Preserve Slopes
- Newtown Meadow Preserve Addendum No. 2
- Newtown Meadow Preserve – Proposal Submission Form
Renovations to the Township of Newtown Municipal Building and Construction of a new Public Works Building
The Board of Supervisors approved the intent to award to the following contractors:
General Building Construction: John S. McManus, Inc.
Plumbing Construction/Fire Protection Construction: Apex Plumbing heating and Mechanical Contractors
Mechanical Construction: Five Star, Inc.
Electric Construction: Shannon A. Smith, Inc.
- Advertisement for Bids
- Notice to bidders
- Construction of a new Public Works Building
- Renovations to the Municipal Building
- Project Manual for Building Renovations for Newtown Township
- Addendum No. 1
- Pre-Bid Meeting Minutes
- Plan Holders/ Bidders List
- Addendum No. 2
- Addendum No. 3
- Addendum No. 4
- Addendum No. 5
- Addendum No. 6
- Bid Sheet Results 2-22-2017
Newtown Township – Traffic Signal Installation – Bishop Hollow Road and Campus / Stoney Brook Blvds.
- Notice to Bidders for Traffic Signal Installation
- Addendum No. 1 to Bid Documents – Bid Opening Date Change
- Results from Bid Opening on August 1, 2016