As part of its continuing infrastructure improvement program, Aqua will be working on Newtown Road in Eastown Township. Although this work does not take place in Newtown Township, traffic will be affected on Newtown Road north of Saint Davids Road. As such, AQUA will be detouring daytime traffic on these roads in Eastown Township beginning Wednesday, March 1 and continuing into May of 2017:
- Newtown Road between a point 300 feet north of Millbrook Road and a point 350 feet south of Millbrook Road
- Millbrook Road between Newtown and Saratoga roads
- Millbrook Road between Newtown Road and end of cul-de-sac
- Spring Lane between Millbrook Road and end of cul-de-sac
Detours times include:
- A detour will be in place for all work on Newtown Road
- Work hours for all work on Newtown Road will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Work hours for all work on Millbrook Road and Spring Lane will be 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Access will be provided for emergency, mail and trash services. Residents will have access to their properties, but at times will need to enter from different directions due to changing work zones. Aqua will notify customers 24 hours in advance of any scheduled shutdown. However, as with any construction project, an emergency shutdown might be necessary. If so, Aqua will restore service as soon as possible.
Should you have an emergency, including a water quality issue, please call Aqua’s Customer Service Department or emergency dispatcher at 877.987.2782.
To see the letter AQUA provided to customers in the area, please click HERE.