As part of its continuing infrastructure improvement program, Aqua Pennsylvania (Aqua) will replace the existing 6-inch cast iron water main on a portion of Goshen Road and on Butler Drive in Newtown Township. The specific road segments are:
- Butler Drive between Goshen and Tyson roads
- Goshen Road between Newtown Street Road (Route 252) and Butler Drive
The work is scheduled to begin the week of June 19, 2017. Work will take place Monday thru Friday. AQUA has provided the following detour information:
- A detour will be in place for all work on Goshen Road
- Work hours for all work on Goshen Road will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Work hours for all work on Butler Drive will be 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Access will be provided for emergency, mail and trash services. The detour timing should take place after the morning rush hour and before the evening one. Residents will have access to their properties, but at times will need to enter from different directions due to changing work zones. Aqua will notify customers 24 hours in advance of any scheduled shutdown. However, as with any construction project, an emergency shutdown might be necessary. If so, AQUA will restore service as soon as possible.
Should you have an emergency, including a water quality issue, please call AQUA’s Customer Service Department or emergency dispatcher at 877.987.2782.
To see the letter AQUA is providing to customers in the area, please click HERE.