The Newtown Township Police Department exists to serve and protect its citizens. The Department is committed to working in partnership with its citizens for the mutual purpose of promoting safe streets and neighborhoods, creating a community free from crime, and improving the overall quality of life.
Motto of the Department
The motto, “Police and Community Working Together” states the essential philosophy of the Newtown Township Police Department. The Department recognizes the need for the police to work together with the members of our community to protect the rights of all persons within its jurisdiction to be free from criminal attack, to be secure in their possessions and to live in peace. The Department serves the community of Newtown Township by performing the law enforcement function in a professional manner, and it is to these people in our community that the Department is ultimately responsible.
The Newtown Township Police Department will provide professional, responsive, and quality service that will set the standard for others to follow, establish a community-police partnership that will enhance communications within the township of Newtown, helping all to discover and address problems and concerns that affect our daily lives.
The Police Department is located at the Newtown Township’s Municipal Complex.
209 Bishop Hollow Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073
• Hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
• Phone 610-356-0602
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 911 is an emergency and non-emergency number
• Call 911 if you need a Police Officer, an Ambulance or the Fire Department
Members of the Newtown Township Police Department
CLICK HERE for a listing and contact information for our police officers
Police News and Crime Alerts – CLICK HERE
The Police Dept. is now collecting email addresses for community notifications, of any criminal activity in the township. If you are interested in receiving this information, via email, please contact Police Chief Lunn at Lunnc@newtowntownship.org
Information and Links
• To pay a Traffic or Non-Traffic Citation on-line
• Sex Offender Search (Megans Law)
• PennDOT – Online Driver & Vehicle Services
• District Court – to find information about the Magisterial District Court, CLICK HERE
• Animal Warden / Animal Control – CLICK HERE
• How to apply for a Protection From Abuse order – CLICK HERE
• To view a listing of Approved Township Solicitors — CLICK HERE
Delaware County Resources
Do Not Call List
Marketing Removal Information
Megan’s Law Offender Database
Pennsylvania Alert System
Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office
Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
Pennsylvania Crime Victims
Pennsylvania State Criminal History Information
Wireless Amber Alerts
Safety Tips & Information (Links to Community Safety Series)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Philadelphia International Airport
SEPTA: Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
Forms and Reports
Please CLICK HERE to access various forms, permits and reports that are used by our Police Department:
- Request for Extra Duty Police Officer
- Request for Property Check – Vacation Information
- Do Not Solicit List
- Anonymous Tip
- Code Red – Emergency Notification System
- Witness Statement
- Loss Report
- Civilian Accident Report
- Alarm Registration
CODE RED is a web-based emergency notification system that was designed to enable local government officials to record, send and track personalized messages to thousands of citizen’s telephones in minutes. Newtown Township subscribes to the Code Red system to communicate important messages to our residents. Code Red now has a Mobile Alert App! See the flyer for more info! Mobile Alert Flyer
File of Life (FOL) – . This voluntary program is offered to residents affording them peace of mind and providing valuable information to police officers and EMT’s during critical situations. FOL packets are available at the Police Department during normal business hours.
Bike or Skateboard Helmets – Children’s helmets are available in sizes from extra-small to extra-large and in various colors. Helmets can be purchased for $9.00 at the Police Department during normal business hours.
K-9 Unit – We have one canine in the unit who is trained for drug detection and tracking.
Youth Aid Panel
The Youth Aid Panel offers participating police departments another alternative for dealing with first-time/minor juvenile offenses. The Y.A.P. empowers a community to participate in problem solving in its neighborhood. Youth Aid Panels are not a part of the juvenile justice system, but consist of trained volunteer community members. *The Y.A.P. meets one evening a month. **The Police Department is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the Y.A.P. Interested individuals may contact the Police Department during normal business hours.
Goals of the Youth Aid Panel:
1. To prevent the youth from becoming more deeply involved in delinquent behaviors, the juvenile justice system and possible costly detentions.
2. To attempt to understand the “cause” of the offense and to help his/her family resolve the problem.
3. To provides a means of an amicable resolution for the victim.
4. To provide a means to increase the accountability and responsibility of youths for their actions.
5. To hold the juvenile responsible to both the victim and community through completion of panel imposed obligations.